They are popping out faster than you can say poopie diaper. Babies everywhere!!! If anymore come this way, Jacob might start getting annoyed at all these thunder stealers. But for now, he is content to just drool on them. A few years ago, everyone was getting married. Now, everyone is having kids. Of course I still have my single friends that are living it up; well, some more than others, but I can't help feel that I'm getting sucked into this weird vortex of predictableness of adulthood. Oh well, after the past year of unpredictableness I guess it could actually be something I should be thankful for.
Although have a baby is anything but predictable; especially when you weren't exactly planning it. Ok, I'm tired of using the word predictable. In fact I'm just plane tired. Plain I mean. Don't even feel like backspacing. I worked 3 12 hour nights in a row, and I'm exhausted. Ever hear of the nursing shortage? Well, it's here, and it's real. Y'all better take good care of yourselves folks, cuz you are going to have to start caring for yourselves really soon.
My friend asked me today, "What's that disease where you are all tired all the time?" I'm like..um, anemia? Insomnia? Lots of things can make you tired. She thought for a while, and said, no, it's "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
Please.
Cancer is a disease.
Depression is a disease.
Sickle Cell Anemia is a disease.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a name pharmaceutical companies make up so they can push drugs on people who hope that the magic of the pill will justify the fact that they feel like shit all the time, and give them something to blame so they don't have to deal with reality.
Or something like that.
Of course, I guess that is an answer to some people. If the medicine works, why poke the beehive? I guess that is a valid question.
Just know that if I'm your nurse, don't ask me what medicine cures Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
I just may put you in the room of the patient who is dying of cancer, who's family is patiently waiting at the bedside until his last breath, and let you ask them.
Ya know, I try not to be judgemental, and then I type the above dissing chronic fatigue syndrome. Sorry folks, if I'm a bit grumpy, it may just be that I'm not getting enough sleep.
A bit fatigued, perhaps. Can you recommend some medicine for that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment